How do you tell your depression/anxiety thinking from your real thinking?

If I'm anxious about my relationship - how do I tell if it's my anxiety being itself, rejection issues, or depression causing self-sabotaging thinking?

When I first became single two years ago I dated a guy who turned out to be a narcissist, who was hiding his true intentions, I dismissed my anxiety as just being due to dating for the first time.

I know the guy I'm with now is a really good guy, but I don't feel happy. I feel anxious and I'm overthinking; I know he's not the right guy for me but for now I'm enjoying his company (it's early on so that's all it is for now)...I should be able to just relax and enjoy it, but instead I'm stressing out about the fact it can't be a long-term thing as he doesn't want kids and it just doesn't feel like a real relationship to me. I'm anxious he's not really into me and he's going to bolt any minute.

I don't know if it's a sign I should end it with him, or if it's just my scumbag brain self-sabotaging.

FYI I've just finished a round of therapy, it has been no help what-so-ever and no more therapy for around a year. I'm on my own with this.



Submitted August 26, 2019 at 12:09AM

If I'm anxious about my relationship - how do I tell if it's my anxiety being itself, rejection issues, or depression causing self-sabotaging thinking?When I first became single two years ago I dated a guy who turned out to be a narcissist, who was hiding his true intentions, I dismissed my anxiety as just being due to dating for the first time.I know the guy I'm with now is a really good guy, but I don't feel happy. I feel anxious and I'm overthinking; I know he's not the right guy for me but for now I'm enjoying his company (it's early on so that's all it is for now)...I should be able to just relax and enjoy it, but instead I'm stressing out about the fact it can't be a long-term thing as he doesn't want kids and it just doesn't feel like a real relationship to me. I'm anxious he's not really into me and he's going to bolt any minute.I don't know if it's a sign I should end it with him, or if it's just my scumbag brain self-sabotaging.FYI I've just finished a round of therapy, it has been no help what-so-ever and no more therapy for around a year. I'm on my own with this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.