Big Short Dating Strategy work?

Okay. So it's a film (fiction), I get it. But Christian Bale's character in 'The Big Short' bring's out:

' I met my wife through Match dot com. My profile said, "I am a medical student with only one eye, an awkward social manner, and $145,000 in student loans." She wrote back, "You're just what I've been looking for." She meant "honest"...'

What are people's thoughts on if this strategy would work?

Sure I don't have one eye and I am not a finance whizz like Christian Bale's character, but I do have a well paying job.

I am tired of being told that I need to learn how to be a social butterfly. I need to learn how to make friends before I can date...when attempts have only shown me that it both beyond my capability and not something that I particularly want.

What if I was just to state 'who' I am honestly, with a bit of humour and as positive a spin as I can muster, on a Match dot com profile (in the way that Christian Bale's character did). What would be the results?



Submitted August 25, 2019 at 11:20PM

Okay. So it's a film (fiction), I get it. But Christian Bale's character in 'The Big Short' bring's out:' I met my wife through Match dot com. My profile said, "I am a medical student with only one eye, an awkward social manner, and $145,000 in student loans." She wrote back, "You're just what I've been looking for." She meant "honest"...'What are people's thoughts on if this strategy would work?Sure I don't have one eye and I am not a finance whizz like Christian Bale's character, but I do have a well paying job.I am tired of being told that I need to learn how to be a social butterfly. I need to learn how to make friends before I can date...when attempts have only shown me that it both beyond my capability and not something that I particularly want.What if I was just to state 'who' I am honestly, with a bit of humour and as positive a spin as I can muster, on a Match dot com profile (in the way that Christian Bale's character did). What would be the results?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.