Help me with options [27 M] with my recently ex [32 F] and [6M her son] of 3.5 years, are separating but just signed a new lease. She wants to find a roommate to replace her. I don't want a roommate, but cant afford the place on my own.

Hey there everyone. Thanks for reading.

Me and my kind of girlfriend kind of ex just signed a lease together and have decided it's not healthy for us to stay together. We set a minor deadline at the beginning of the summer to see if we could work things out before we needed to re-sign the lease and it seemed fine but rocky but kept getting worse. Well, we signed last week and now shit has hit the fan and neither of us really want to be together.

She wants to take an opportunity she has to move out into subsidized housing and she said she would find a roommate for me. This shocked me because a couple of weeks ago she was telling me she could afford this place on her own and would be ok with being roommates for a few months while I saved money for a down deposit on a place.

Now she is saying it's too toxic and she definitely doesn't want to be roomies but it's ok because she will find someone...

Well, I don't want a roommate. I want to be alone. I can't afford and down qualify for the place we currently live in by myself so I need her to stay because she signed the lease.

I don't want to feel like I'm holding her or her 6-year-old son hostage to my apartment but I don't want to have to meet a new person and have to share a living space with them, especially when I have already lived here a year and it feels like home.

PS. I have no friends I could invite to live with me.

DO I just have to suck this up and let her go? That irritates me because it would get her the space she wants and cheaper housing but it would make me be around a new stranger in my own home....

I want to live in a studio/1bd by myself but I don't think we can break our lease without finding someone to take over anyways....

What to do?

TL;DR I'm very introverted and just want space. The relationship didn't work because I don't want to be open and honest. Girlfriend wants to move out and find a roommate replacement. I don't want a roommate but could be one with her and her son but she doesn't think thats healthy.



Submitted August 13, 2019 at 11:45PM

Hey there everyone. Thanks for reading.Me and my kind of girlfriend kind of ex just signed a lease together and have decided it's not healthy for us to stay together. We set a minor deadline at the beginning of the summer to see if we could work things out before we needed to re-sign the lease and it seemed fine but rocky but kept getting worse. Well, we signed last week and now shit has hit the fan and neither of us really want to be together.She wants to take an opportunity she has to move out into subsidized housing and she said she would find a roommate for me. This shocked me because a couple of weeks ago she was telling me she could afford this place on her own and would be ok with being roommates for a few months while I saved money for a down deposit on a place.Now she is saying it's too toxic and she definitely doesn't want to be roomies but it's ok because she will find someone...Well, I don't want a roommate. I want to be alone. I can't afford and down qualify for the place we currently live in by myself so I need her to stay because she signed the lease.I don't want to feel like I'm holding her or her 6-year-old son hostage to my apartment but I don't want to have to meet a new person and have to share a living space with them, especially when I have already lived here a year and it feels like home.PS. I have no friends I could invite to live with me.DO I just have to suck this up and let her go? That irritates me because it would get her the space she wants and cheaper housing but it would make me be around a new stranger in my own home....I want to live in a studio/1bd by myself but I don't think we can break our lease without finding someone to take over anyways....What to do?TL;DR I'm very introverted and just want space. The relationship didn't work because I don't want to be open and honest. Girlfriend wants to move out and find a roommate replacement. I don't want a roommate but could be one with her and her son but she doesn't think thats healthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.