/u/LittleEssay on Bothered by people assuming my sexuality

I can relate to this. I usually pretend to fit in just by not engaging in those types of conversations, so I'm sort of considered "normal" by virtue of never saying anything to the contrary.

My coworkers are constantly talking about the dates they go on, the apps they use, etc. and I've always just kept silent. For awhile, it worked. But now they've started trying to include me actively. "I know this guy I could set you up with!" and "Well, what's your type? Like name some celebrities you find attractive!" and I just sort of panic because, like, no one? I can name people I find aesthetically beautiful, sure, and I could answer based on what I've heard other people talk about (oh, so-and-so is so hot, omg) but I felt so...weirded out about it, and a little dishonest, even though I'm not a dishonest person.

What I dislike the most about it is that people assume I'm like them, and that I want/need/crave sex like an allosexual person. It makes me shudder. I think it's because I tend to lean sex-repulsed when it comes to myself (consenting adults can do what they please in private, just don't involve ME), so the thought of someone else assuming I have sex or even imagining me in a sexual way skeeves me out.





June 21, 2019 at 12:19AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.