/u/JumpyWord on How asexuals fit into the escalating US groomer narrative

Sorry, I'm trying to understand the logic here. Maybe I'm missing something and if so, that's on me. I'm going to lay out where I stand and why I'm not optimistic.

Right wingers are engaged in a decades long gerrymandering project to make sure they keep getting elected even though their ideas are unpopular.

Right wingers have escalated that into a 6-3 SCOTUS majority (despite most of them being appointed by a president who didn't win the popular vote and represent a minority of the country thanks to Senate bullshit).

Right wingers are stirring up their base into an anti-queer panic, despite the fact that this is unpopular, because gerrymandering, Senate, and electoral college overwhelmingly benefit them.

Republicans reliably will vote for Republicans even if the candidate they're voting for is openly campaigning on making other people's lives worse even if they're ostensibly "supportive" of those people.

The base they're making angry about queer people are heavily armed and openly attacking queer folks.

I don't see an endgame is here. Democrats as a whole ain't doing shit to protect any of us, they fly a rainbow flag and call it a day. I don't see them playing a long game, they just try to meet Republicans in the middle and that shifts things further right. That's not going to end well for anyone, and especially not queer folks here.





February 04, 2023 at 12:04AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.