How to explain my childhood background maybe?

I (23F) grew up in a financially tight family. My parents however made sure I studied and got myself a good education and career to boot since they never got the opportunity to do so

My problem is that because we never had money to spend on vacations or even socializing with friends or anything I have no clue how to do the same right now. Simple things like my friends spending money in cafés or buying cosmetics feels like a big waste of money to me too

I live alone and while I know I am very friendly and nice I keep to myself quietly reading most of the time at home (it makes me happy reading books plus that was the only hobby I knew growing up)

Most men that I know like to go on adventures and vacations etc and talk about them to me in great detail, and I worry they probably think something's wrong with me for not traveling or having similar experiences or even in general wanting the same things. It's just that I don't know how to do so cos my first instinct with my paycheck is to save the whole thing since that's what I saw my family do growing up too

So how can I convey this to a date without making him dislike me please? I would love to accompany any future partner on vacations just that I may be ignorant about stuff like making reservations and choosing destinations and so on



Submitted February 25, 2023 at 12:13AM

I (23F) grew up in a financially tight family. My parents however made sure I studied and got myself a good education and career to boot since they never got the opportunity to do soMy problem is that because we never had money to spend on vacations or even socializing with friends or anything I have no clue how to do the same right now. Simple things like my friends spending money in cafés or buying cosmetics feels like a big waste of money to me tooI live alone and while I know I am very friendly and nice I keep to myself quietly reading most of the time at home (it makes me happy reading books plus that was the only hobby I knew growing up)Most men that I know like to go on adventures and vacations etc and talk about them to me in great detail, and I worry they probably think something's wrong with me for not traveling or having similar experiences or even in general wanting the same things. It's just that I don't know how to do so cos my first instinct with my paycheck is to save the whole thing since that's what I saw my family do growing up tooSo how can I convey this to a date without making him dislike me please? I would love to accompany any future partner on vacations just that I may be ignorant about stuff like making reservations and choosing destinations and so on

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.