Could mentioning that I'm "in-between jobs" at the moment and then accepting a woman's offer to assist me with my resume cause her to lose romantic interest in me?

I've been in-between jobs recently due to the holiday hiring freeze, which is what I explained to a woman who I think was considering me as a romantic prospect when she asked me very directly (twice in the same night) why I was in-between-jobs. She then offered to assist me with my resume because she was also doing that for someone else. This conversation occurred on January 3rd. I followed up with her on her offer to assist me with my resume on January 10th.

On January 3rd I asked her why she got engaged to her ex-fiance' and she said that they had been living together already, no one had ever proposed to her before, and said rather tersely that he "had his shit together" My friend told me that she was likely implying something about my situation.

Earlier today she asked me if I "worked today" while in the presence of a guy "friend" that she is living with, but supposedly not in a committed romantic relationship with. My friend told me that she likely already knew the answer to this question and made sure to ask it within earshot of this guy in order to make me appear helpless and no threat to whatever they have between each other.

Could me being in-between-jobs, even though I explained that this was due to the holiday hiring freeze as the result of many hiring managers and recruiters being on vacation due to the time of year, as well as me following-up on her resume assistance offer a week later, cause a woman to perceive me as lacking in ambition/motivation and therefore cause her to lose romantic interest in me?



Submitted January 14, 2023 at 12:14AM

I've been in-between jobs recently due to the holiday hiring freeze, which is what I explained to a woman who I think was considering me as a romantic prospect when she asked me very directly (twice in the same night) why I was in-between-jobs. She then offered to assist me with my resume because she was also doing that for someone else. This conversation occurred on January 3rd. I followed up with her on her offer to assist me with my resume on January 10th.On January 3rd I asked her why she got engaged to her ex-fiance' and she said that they had been living together already, no one had ever proposed to her before, and said rather tersely that he "had his shit together" My friend told me that she was likely implying something about my situation.Earlier today she asked me if I "worked today" while in the presence of a guy "friend" that she is living with, but supposedly not in a committed romantic relationship with. My friend told me that she likely already knew the answer to this question and made sure to ask it within earshot of this guy in order to make me appear helpless and no threat to whatever they have between each other.Could me being in-between-jobs, even though I explained that this was due to the holiday hiring freeze as the result of many hiring managers and recruiters being on vacation due to the time of year, as well as me following-up on her resume assistance offer a week later, cause a woman to perceive me as lacking in ambition/motivation and therefore cause her to lose romantic interest in me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.