/u/QuagsireInAHumanSuit on What was the craziest the action that you got after telling someone you're ace?

I honestly get more extreme reactions when I tell people I don’t drink than when I tell them I don’t date, it’s wild. The party planning committee (including the head of my department) at work a few years ago called me into a meeting to ask what I’d suggest at a Christmas party at a brewery, and I suggested a non-alcoholic option for people who didn’t want to drink, and they were like, “Oh, hadn’t thought of that. Does that mean you don’t drink?” “Yup.” “How come?” “I just don’t.” “No, but why?” “Just don’t.” “No, but why?” “Well my dad drank himself to death, so there’s that.” “………..” “…” “Okay, thanks!” To his credit, my boss has since been very careful to not so much as mention booze in front of me, even though I’ll honestly nurse a single beer all night, but I’ve never been drunk. I casually came out as ace to one of the dudes demanding answers about alcohol, and he didn’t even question it or make a big deal of it.





November 26, 2022 at 01:18AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.