FWB sending wildly conflicting signals.

My (M35) FWB (F29) has recently been acting out of character while reiterating she isn't trying to make this anything serious.

Background: We worked together for about 6 months and there was always sexual tension that finally came to a head once she left our workplace. Since then, about 3 months ago, we have been hanging out casually and sleeping together as we agreed we weren't looking for anything serious. This went on perfectly and I was happy with the arrangement. A few weeks ago she began to call me regularly on the phone and want to talk for hours and asking me loads of "hypothetical" questions about scenarios that don't exist. At first I was okay with it, but it's been kind of constant to the point where if we're both home, she's wanting to talk.

I've had situations where someone caught feelings and just put an end to it, but I'm also constantly getting "clarification" that she wants no titles and nothing serious, but from my perspective people don't strive for that level of intimacy and not take something serious. I'm really firm that I'm not in a position for a relationship, but I feel like her actions aren't matching up with her words and she may be just saying things to appease me.

I guess I'm looking for advice on how to approach this conversation without getting shut down with the same, what feels like, disingenuous words.

Any advice would be appreciated.



Submitted November 02, 2022 at 01:13AM

My (M35) FWB (F29) has recently been acting out of character while reiterating she isn't trying to make this anything serious.Background: We worked together for about 6 months and there was always sexual tension that finally came to a head once she left our workplace. Since then, about 3 months ago, we have been hanging out casually and sleeping together as we agreed we weren't looking for anything serious. This went on perfectly and I was happy with the arrangement. A few weeks ago she began to call me regularly on the phone and want to talk for hours and asking me loads of "hypothetical" questions about scenarios that don't exist. At first I was okay with it, but it's been kind of constant to the point where if we're both home, she's wanting to talk.I've had situations where someone caught feelings and just put an end to it, but I'm also constantly getting "clarification" that she wants no titles and nothing serious, but from my perspective people don't strive for that level of intimacy and not take something serious. I'm really firm that I'm not in a position for a relationship, but I feel like her actions aren't matching up with her words and she may be just saying things to appease me.I guess I'm looking for advice on how to approach this conversation without getting shut down with the same, what feels like, disingenuous words.Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.