Balancing authenticity with "TMI" early on, or when is it time to reveal private proclivities?

So I'm starting to date very lightly after a while in a monogamous relationship. So far, nothing beyond casual 'getting to know you' conversation has occurred, and I've basically just stayed behind a public persona. But a recent on line exchange led me to talk about some very private thoughts/ interests, and that's brought to mind a subject I've been avoiding addressing - when and how do you broach such things with someone during the dating process?

Vague enough?



Submitted October 07, 2022 at 11:59PM

So I'm starting to date very lightly after a while in a monogamous relationship. So far, nothing beyond casual 'getting to know you' conversation has occurred, and I've basically just stayed behind a public persona. But a recent on line exchange led me to talk about some very private thoughts/ interests, and that's brought to mind a subject I've been avoiding addressing - when and how do you broach such things with someone during the dating process?Vague enough?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.