Am I overthinking him?

I’m a girl who’s been seeing a guy for around 3 weeks now so it’s still quite new, and everything has been going great to be honest, we’ve been meeting 2-3 times per week since we met, the connection is there, he really seems like a genuine guy and he’s always made time to see me (even if we don’t end up sleeping together some nights)

The only thing is I get the impression that he’s not a great texter, he basically texts like my dad 😅 and favors meeting in real life, generally we mainly just text to confirm next dates (which is supposed to be good) I know we all have our own texting habits and that is totally fine, just that I’m not really used to that (when I met him for the first time I was surprised how nice he is in real life haha)

And now I’ve gone away on vacation to see my family for two weeks, he had promised to wait for me until I come back and told me not to worry, but I worry that if he doesn’t text much even while I’m away, if I text first all the time it might get annoying? Or that if I don’t text first, we’ll just never talk

I mean I’m generally pretty cool always want to respect people’s time! Don’t want to be clingy or annoying. I’m just used to guys texting me all the time to show interest (even if it ends up being BS later haha)

Some of my friends told me to give him some distance like not talk to him a few days, which is supposed to normally work (as they say), but I don’t want to accidentally sabotage it either

Any opinions on how I should act, should I be more distant while I’m away or should I just be direct and ask him what he prefers? Or should I just act oblivious as if nothing is different?

I only overthink coz in my previous relationships they ended up being liars, and stupid me chose to give them the benefit of the doubt. But I don’t want to be fooled again 😅 but on the other hand maybe he’s a good guy…you see I could cycle with this forever ahah

I’m welcome to all opinions! And be brutal if I’m being silly or overthinking, I can take the heat lol

PS if it helps i already know what he is looking for, which is a relationship (and yes I believe him lol)



Submitted September 03, 2022 at 11:42PM

I’m a girl who’s been seeing a guy for around 3 weeks now so it’s still quite new, and everything has been going great to be honest, we’ve been meeting 2-3 times per week since we met, the connection is there, he really seems like a genuine guy and he’s always made time to see me (even if we don’t end up sleeping together some nights)The only thing is I get the impression that he’s not a great texter, he basically texts like my dad 😅 and favors meeting in real life, generally we mainly just text to confirm next dates (which is supposed to be good) I know we all have our own texting habits and that is totally fine, just that I’m not really used to that (when I met him for the first time I was surprised how nice he is in real life haha)And now I’ve gone away on vacation to see my family for two weeks, he had promised to wait for me until I come back and told me not to worry, but I worry that if he doesn’t text much even while I’m away, if I text first all the time it might get annoying? Or that if I don’t text first, we’ll just never talkI mean I’m generally pretty cool always want to respect people’s time! Don’t want to be clingy or annoying. I’m just used to guys texting me all the time to show interest (even if it ends up being BS later haha)Some of my friends told me to give him some distance like not talk to him a few days, which is supposed to normally work (as they say), but I don’t want to accidentally sabotage it eitherAny opinions on how I should act, should I be more distant while I’m away or should I just be direct and ask him what he prefers? Or should I just act oblivious as if nothing is different?I only overthink coz in my previous relationships they ended up being liars, and stupid me chose to give them the benefit of the doubt. But I don’t want to be fooled again 😅 but on the other hand maybe he’s a good guy…you see I could cycle with this forever ahahI’m welcome to all opinions! And be brutal if I’m being silly or overthinking, I can take the heat lolPS if it helps i already know what he is looking for, which is a relationship (and yes I believe him lol)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.