i think i’m in love with my straight best friend and he has no idea.

i (m25) have had feelings for a best friend of mine (m24) for what feels like years now. i’ve kept these thoughts and feelings mostly to myself (i’ve told two friends) for so long and it’s starting to eat me alive.

the first time i realized i had feelings for him was when he dated one of my roommates and i got extremely jealous and sad seeing them together and started to experience daydreams about him and i being together romantically. they only dated for short time but since then i haven’t been able to stop thinking about him in that way.

it’s been over a year since and i’ve continued ruminating on the feelings and daydreams. my friends tell me to get over him because it’s hopeless and will only negatively affect my friendship with him. part of me thinks they are right and i should get over him to save myself from the hurt that comes with unrequited love. the other part of me is trying to find any signs of hope that he may feel the same way about me.

we are very close and hangout a lot, so it’s been hard for me to get over him because every time i see him, i just grow more fond of him and feel like we are getting closer than most guy friends do.

what should i do?



Submitted July 06, 2022 at 12:12AM

i (m25) have had feelings for a best friend of mine (m24) for what feels like years now. i’ve kept these thoughts and feelings mostly to myself (i’ve told two friends) for so long and it’s starting to eat me alive.the first time i realized i had feelings for him was when he dated one of my roommates and i got extremely jealous and sad seeing them together and started to experience daydreams about him and i being together romantically. they only dated for short time but since then i haven’t been able to stop thinking about him in that way.it’s been over a year since and i’ve continued ruminating on the feelings and daydreams. my friends tell me to get over him because it’s hopeless and will only negatively affect my friendship with him. part of me thinks they are right and i should get over him to save myself from the hurt that comes with unrequited love. the other part of me is trying to find any signs of hope that he may feel the same way about me.we are very close and hangout a lot, so it’s been hard for me to get over him because every time i see him, i just grow more fond of him and feel like we are getting closer than most guy friends do.what should i do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.