A matched with a guy on a dating app and he hasn’t replied to me yet

So this is my first time using a dating app. This one is called ‘The League’ because well yeah.

So this guy likes my profile first, few days later the app pops his profile and I ignore it, not reject it. Then again it came up this Thursday and I just went for it. (I ignored the first time bc I was really busy that day and he low key didn’t seem to be my type)

Anyway, it’s been 5 days since I matched and sent him a ‘Hi’ and he hasn’t replied to me yet. And idk what to feel about it. (You can see how weak my game is but plz don’t rip me for it in the comments)

For some reason unbeknownst to me, I just want to talk to him and get to know him, etc. but I feel like I waited it out and now it’s that thing where you miss all the shots you don’t take

Honestly, I started using the app bc I wanted to teach myself what rejection is and that I’ve to get easy with it, and this is not even rejection or should I take it as one? I just don’t know how to stop myself from checking my phone every couple of minutes and obsessing over someone I don’t even know!

I thought I was better than this but I feel like I’m acting like a teenager here and I’m just so angry at myself for putting my happiness in the validation I’m trying to receive from a guy - this is literally the reason I don’t use dating apps and here I’m making myself go through shit when I exactly know what that shit is.

And yk what the stupidest thing is? I’m still hoping he replies and I get to chat. Like I’d rather be rejected after chatting (which btw my stupid heart feels I’m really good at) so yeah I’m just literally pushing myself outside my comfort zone and idk what the outcome is going to be like but I just hope I come out stronger and smarter.

Should I double text ?



Submitted July 06, 2022 at 12:10AM

So this is my first time using a dating app. This one is called ‘The League’ because well yeah.So this guy likes my profile first, few days later the app pops his profile and I ignore it, not reject it. Then again it came up this Thursday and I just went for it. (I ignored the first time bc I was really busy that day and he low key didn’t seem to be my type)Anyway, it’s been 5 days since I matched and sent him a ‘Hi’ and he hasn’t replied to me yet. And idk what to feel about it. (You can see how weak my game is but plz don’t rip me for it in the comments)For some reason unbeknownst to me, I just want to talk to him and get to know him, etc. but I feel like I waited it out and now it’s that thing where you miss all the shots you don’t takeHonestly, I started using the app bc I wanted to teach myself what rejection is and that I’ve to get easy with it, and this is not even rejection or should I take it as one? I just don’t know how to stop myself from checking my phone every couple of minutes and obsessing over someone I don’t even know!I thought I was better than this but I feel like I’m acting like a teenager here and I’m just so angry at myself for putting my happiness in the validation I’m trying to receive from a guy - this is literally the reason I don’t use dating apps and here I’m making myself go through shit when I exactly know what that shit is.And yk what the stupidest thing is? I’m still hoping he replies and I get to chat. Like I’d rather be rejected after chatting (which btw my stupid heart feels I’m really good at) so yeah I’m just literally pushing myself outside my comfort zone and idk what the outcome is going to be like but I just hope I come out stronger and smarter.Should I double text ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.