How do I date my type?

Posting from throwaway acc.

So, I’ve never really thought of myself as having a type when it comes to dating (or even friendships). It’s more of a personality match for me. I don’t believe in limiting myself to physical beauty only.

But now I think that I have a type. I think I like asian men, I really find them attractive. I’ve been with a few, I do see myself checking them out more. And we’re a lot more culturally aligned which is important for me.

It’s a weird feeling for me lol. Also, even though I’ve dated a few, they aren’t particularly attracted to me, I am brownish (but not Indian - which is not a biggie, but just saying so you have an idea).

Being a person of colour myself, I wouldn’t want to fetishized.

There was one guy I was with, he was very nice and everything (we ended things because of scheduling issues lol), but when we first met, he did mention that he liked me because “I don’t mind him being short.” (Height is absolutely not a problem for me, height isn’t why I’m dating.) but I don’t want people to settle for me because I don’t make them feel insecure about their heights wtf.

I know there are a lot of successful brown-asian couples out there, so it’s not like it’s an unseen situation. But I also don’t want to decrease my dating circle potential.

Now help me out: -How do I shake this attraction off? If I’m attracted to them, but they aren’t, I don’t want to end up alone.

-If there are any East Asian men here, is it a thing of not dating/ being attracted to people with my skin tone? What can you tell me?

I live in Toronto, if that helps. I also posted this here to gain global perspectives!



Submitted July 17, 2022 at 08:33PM

Posting from throwaway acc.So, I’ve never really thought of myself as having a type when it comes to dating (or even friendships). It’s more of a personality match for me. I don’t believe in limiting myself to physical beauty only.But now I think that I have a type. I think I like asian men, I really find them attractive. I’ve been with a few, I do see myself checking them out more. And we’re a lot more culturally aligned which is important for me.It’s a weird feeling for me lol. Also, even though I’ve dated a few, they aren’t particularly attracted to me, I am brownish (but not Indian - which is not a biggie, but just saying so you have an idea).Being a person of colour myself, I wouldn’t want to fetishized.There was one guy I was with, he was very nice and everything (we ended things because of scheduling issues lol), but when we first met, he did mention that he liked me because “I don’t mind him being short.” (Height is absolutely not a problem for me, height isn’t why I’m dating.) but I don’t want people to settle for me because I don’t make them feel insecure about their heights wtf.I know there are a lot of successful brown-asian couples out there, so it’s not like it’s an unseen situation. But I also don’t want to decrease my dating circle potential.Now help me out: -How do I shake this attraction off? If I’m attracted to them, but they aren’t, I don’t want to end up alone.-If there are any East Asian men here, is it a thing of not dating/ being attracted to people with my skin tone? What can you tell me?I live in Toronto, if that helps. I also posted this here to gain global perspectives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.