As a man,is it ok to tell my partner I Won't tolerate any kind of emotional, mental or physical abuse?

I am a victim of abuse from my family.Was always beaten in childhood and was insulted, belittled and made fun of in my teenage years.So as a young adult,I moved to another continent to get away from my family.And after a lot of therapy and self reflection, I am now in a position where I am emotionally stable.And promised myself I will never be in that kind of situation again.

So when it comes to dating and relationships, I always tell my partner we can have arguments and constructive criticisms.But any kind of name calling,insults or throwing hands is out of bounds and I break it off immediately .My friends tell me I am being too much high strung and every girl I date has to be walking a tight rope.

So is it too much to ask someone to respect my boundaries while I respect theirs?



Submitted May 27, 2022 at 06:52AM

I am a victim of abuse from my family.Was always beaten in childhood and was insulted, belittled and made fun of in my teenage years.So as a young adult,I moved to another continent to get away from my family.And after a lot of therapy and self reflection, I am now in a position where I am emotionally stable.And promised myself I will never be in that kind of situation again.So when it comes to dating and relationships, I always tell my partner we can have arguments and constructive criticisms.But any kind of name calling,insults or throwing hands is out of bounds and I break it off immediately .My friends tell me I am being too much high strung and every girl I date has to be walking a tight rope.So is it too much to ask someone to respect my boundaries while I respect theirs?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.