/u/glasess on Men and women can be just friends

my parents have assumed i (15f) was boyfriend-girlfriend with a boy who

- i barely know

- i am not even friends with

- i do not talk to

- i have never talked to in front of them

- i have never even touched in front of them

- literally the only thing we have in common is that our dads are pastors (and mine isn't anymore)

i quickly resolved that misunderstanding but oh my god. they just take marriage and dating as a given, apparently i can't have any boy friends without it being taken as a boyfriend.

many, many people have made the assumption that my best friend (17m, online) and i are dating or in a romantic relationship. it's made me extremely hesitant to show anything resembling romantic affection (even in private) to him, despite both of us agreeing that we don't want a relationship and he knows very well that i'm aroace. i'm trying to overcome that hesitation.





April 30, 2022 at 11:15PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.