Does she like me? What should I do next?

Hi fellow redditors,

I (20M, soon 21) met a girl last week (22F) [27th of March], at a conference. We engaged in some friendly conversation. At the end of it, she told another lady friend of mine that I'm very sweet.

Then, over the next few days, she initiates conversation with me over texts, and we've been chatting for the past few days leading up to today.

A few notes on our texting;

1) She's kinda playful and teasing over text

2) She waits exactly how long I've waited before replying to reply

^If I waited 2 hours before replying, then I'm guaranteed a text exactly 2 hours from her. I've noticed this almost always, and I've tested it by sending quick replies(around 10 minutes wait) and she replies back quickly too, the only exceptions were late-night texts or texts when either of us was at training.

3) We chat on WhatsApp and she's turned read receipts off.

^I used to talk with her regarding some logistics for the conference (strictly professional) even before meeting her. And she had read receipts on back then. But once we started chatting again, she's turned it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's the story up to now. I know there are clear signs she likes me. I also discreetly checked with my friend and she says that she's single.

The only problem I have is that I am not 100% sure I like her. I didn't develop feelings for her when we met, and even right now, I'm not a 100% into her. Is this okay?

My game plan right now is to set up a date with her and see whether we truly have chemistry in person.

I'm from an Asian Country so dating before officially being a couple is not very existent, so is this an okay route to take?

And that Asian Country being Sri Lanka, with the current turmoil I'm not sure whether we'll be able to have a date immediately. So is it okay if I suggest it either today or tomorrow and set up plans with her for a later date and continue our texting? Or should I just continue our texting and set up the date later when things actually clear up in the country?

Thank you for your help.



Submitted April 04, 2022 at 01:13AM

Hi fellow redditors,I (20M, soon 21) met a girl last week (22F) [27th of March], at a conference. We engaged in some friendly conversation. At the end of it, she told another lady friend of mine that I'm very sweet.Then, over the next few days, she initiates conversation with me over texts, and we've been chatting for the past few days leading up to today.A few notes on our texting;1) She's kinda playful and teasing over text2) She waits exactly how long I've waited before replying to reply^If I waited 2 hours before replying, then I'm guaranteed a text exactly 2 hours from her. I've noticed this almost always, and I've tested it by sending quick replies(around 10 minutes wait) and she replies back quickly too, the only exceptions were late-night texts or texts when either of us was at training.3) We chat on WhatsApp and she's turned read receipts off.^I used to talk with her regarding some logistics for the conference (strictly professional) even before meeting her. And she had read receipts on back then. But once we started chatting again, she's turned it off.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~So that's the story up to now. I know there are clear signs she likes me. I also discreetly checked with my friend and she says that she's single.The only problem I have is that I am not 100% sure I like her. I didn't develop feelings for her when we met, and even right now, I'm not a 100% into her. Is this okay?My game plan right now is to set up a date with her and see whether we truly have chemistry in person.I'm from an Asian Country so dating before officially being a couple is not very existent, so is this an okay route to take?And that Asian Country being Sri Lanka, with the current turmoil I'm not sure whether we'll be able to have a date immediately. So is it okay if I suggest it either today or tomorrow and set up plans with her for a later date and continue our texting? Or should I just continue our texting and set up the date later when things actually clear up in the country?Thank you for your help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.