/u/AlligatorDreamy on I wish we had a thing like this

I've heard some commentary on how existing social networks could provide this functionality:

  • allowing anyone to opt out of "mature content" (e.g. Instagram doesn't permit outright erotic content, but there's some 'borderline' mature content that they do allow that's invisible to anyone under 18...but only if you're under 18. There needs to be a way to block mature content for every single user.)
  • clearly define what content is and isn't allowed. This is tricky, because some people will disagree on what content is romantic vs sexual, but a clear line HAS to be drawn.
  • robust reporting system, because no matter how well you write your rules, people are going to break them because they think they're special. This hits home for me; I moderate a small, niche subreddit on another account, and even though sexual content is explicitly forbidden (and could only be seen as being relevant to the topic at a big stretch), every week we get someone who thinks the fact it's "artistic" makes it fine.




December 03, 2021 at 11:20PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.