How to deal with religious trauma in having sex?

I can’t seem to shake the ‘sex before marriage’ thing out of my head when it’s been ingrained in me for so long and although I don’t follow Islam at all (believe me I drink, smoke, do all sorts of drugs) that’s the one thing that I can’t stray away from the like other prohibitions. I guess it’s because a part of me knows that once it’s gone I can’t go back but even that has flaws in its logic.

Does anyone know have any advice on how to deal with this, or have similar experience being raised religious but still having premarital sex?



Submitted November 21, 2021 at 12:44AM

I can’t seem to shake the ‘sex before marriage’ thing out of my head when it’s been ingrained in me for so long and although I don’t follow Islam at all (believe me I drink, smoke, do all sorts of drugs) that’s the one thing that I can’t stray away from the like other prohibitions. I guess it’s because a part of me knows that once it’s gone I can’t go back but even that has flaws in its logic.Does anyone know have any advice on how to deal with this, or have similar experience being raised religious but still having premarital sex?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.