Dating troubles in different geographical areas?

I am approaching my 4th year in a major city (NYC) and dating here is incredibly rough. I’m not getting any younger 28F and I have many stunning friends here who are also struggling with the dating scene. When we have traveled to other places, we get approached, complimented, etc while in my current city, it’s tumbleweeds or just incredibly creepy men on the street.

It really upsets me because I would love to find a partner but even men 35+ who I am speaking with seem to fall off even after messaging back and forth multiple times. It is a constant issue with my friends and I yet my friends in other locations are all snatched up.

When I lived in another state, there were serious suitors who could have been great matches but I was not ready to date seriously at the time. Men from my past who don’t live in my city are constantly reaching out to me wanting to connect but we live 2+ hours away. What I’m saying is that I don’t believe it is a “me” problem. After all, don’t they say NYC is the hardest city for women to date?

I would consider myself above average in looks, have a great job, live on my own, etc. I have dated men here but they were either already partnered (I had no idea) or complete workaholics and things have fizzle

It is getting to the point where I will consider moving to a different place in hopes of more success. It’s sad!



Submitted November 25, 2021 at 12:11AM

I am approaching my 4th year in a major city (NYC) and dating here is incredibly rough. I’m not getting any younger 28F and I have many stunning friends here who are also struggling with the dating scene. When we have traveled to other places, we get approached, complimented, etc while in my current city, it’s tumbleweeds or just incredibly creepy men on the street.It really upsets me because I would love to find a partner but even men 35+ who I am speaking with seem to fall off even after messaging back and forth multiple times. It is a constant issue with my friends and I yet my friends in other locations are all snatched up.When I lived in another state, there were serious suitors who could have been great matches but I was not ready to date seriously at the time. Men from my past who don’t live in my city are constantly reaching out to me wanting to connect but we live 2+ hours away. What I’m saying is that I don’t believe it is a “me” problem. After all, don’t they say NYC is the hardest city for women to date?I would consider myself above average in looks, have a great job, live on my own, etc. I have dated men here but they were either already partnered (I had no idea) or complete workaholics and things have fizzleIt is getting to the point where I will consider moving to a different place in hopes of more success. It’s sad!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.