I told my ex not to contact me, but i miss him >:-(

hey r/dating advice,

i am coming here for some relief and advice. in summary, i had a rocky last few months with my ex. it turned out really toxic in the end on both sides and we were becoming resentful.

when we were breaking up, he had told me we would “work it out” when i came back for school the next semester, but i ended up going virtual. he didn’t really check in on me. this was about 5/6 months ago.

we would text every so often, and i think he admitted he was still in love with me. he’s been drunk texting me randomly as of recently late at night but mentions that he’s horny. i wouldn’t hear anything from him during the day, just at night.

i texted him and told him i don’t think we should be in contact anymore because it’s not fair for him to text me like that. i’m also fearful as i don’t want him to reject me.

i think we’ve both been working on being better people, and ultimately, i would want to be a better person to him and apologize for the past.

is it worth reversing this? or just leaving it alone? i don’t want to seem desperate.



Submitted October 28, 2021 at 12:08AM

hey r/dating advice,i am coming here for some relief and advice. in summary, i had a rocky last few months with my ex. it turned out really toxic in the end on both sides and we were becoming resentful.when we were breaking up, he had told me we would “work it out” when i came back for school the next semester, but i ended up going virtual. he didn’t really check in on me. this was about 5/6 months ago.we would text every so often, and i think he admitted he was still in love with me. he’s been drunk texting me randomly as of recently late at night but mentions that he’s horny. i wouldn’t hear anything from him during the day, just at night.i texted him and told him i don’t think we should be in contact anymore because it’s not fair for him to text me like that. i’m also fearful as i don’t want him to reject me.i think we’ve both been working on being better people, and ultimately, i would want to be a better person to him and apologize for the past.is it worth reversing this? or just leaving it alone? i don’t want to seem desperate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.