Dating an African Woman

I’ve seen a few people here asking questions so I thought I’d type up a few things I learnt and answer some questions.

Disclaimer: Everyone is different this is what I learnt from her, her friends and family.

I was successful enough to marry her.

Dated: 2 Ghanaians, 1 Nigerian, 1 Zim and 1 Zam

Married: Ugandan

Not sure ask? Ask. You don’t need to take everything as a red flag. For example she may have said she only has a brother but is talking about her sister now. Her family could of looked after her friend and she is like a sister.

“Black Tax” - her term not mine. If your partner is an immigrant their often family sacrifices a lot to get them to this country she will support her family in term.

Excitable When my partner wakes up to talk to her family or friends I wake up. I know her well enough I’ve turned it into a joke. It was good to hear you and wife yell at each other this morning, how’s life or something.

Traditional My partner brought across a lot of her traditions where men pay for dates and that’s fine she still wants to work and is way more organised than me.

Marriage she will see people marrying in her country that are younger than her and start to get a bit jealous.

Bride price some still practice it don’t be thrown off.

Gifts go a long way they don’t have to be expensive just thoughtful.

Flowers but not chocolate.

Flowers to her workplace is a winner.

Research her country and culture. Surprise her and ask her questions to learn.

You may have to be more forward with your intentions than you normally would.

Educate on average she will have a huge thirst for education and speak more languages and dialects than you knew existed.



Submitted October 28, 2021 at 12:13AM

I’ve seen a few people here asking questions so I thought I’d type up a few things I learnt and answer some questions.Disclaimer: Everyone is different this is what I learnt from her, her friends and family.I was successful enough to marry her.Dated: 2 Ghanaians, 1 Nigerian, 1 Zim and 1 ZamMarried: UgandanNot sure ask? Ask. You don’t need to take everything as a red flag. For example she may have said she only has a brother but is talking about her sister now. Her family could of looked after her friend and she is like a sister.“Black Tax” - her term not mine. If your partner is an immigrant their often family sacrifices a lot to get them to this country she will support her family in term.Excitable When my partner wakes up to talk to her family or friends I wake up. I know her well enough I’ve turned it into a joke. It was good to hear you and wife yell at each other this morning, how’s life or something.Traditional My partner brought across a lot of her traditions where men pay for dates and that’s fine she still wants to work and is way more organised than me.Marriage she will see people marrying in her country that are younger than her and start to get a bit jealous.Bride price some still practice it don’t be thrown off.Gifts go a long way they don’t have to be expensive just thoughtful.Flowers but not chocolate.Flowers to her workplace is a winner.Research her country and culture. Surprise her and ask her questions to learn.You may have to be more forward with your intentions than you normally would.Educate on average she will have a huge thirst for education and speak more languages and dialects than you knew existed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.