/u/JJGoodBoy on Asexuality and Mental Health

I think the important question is do you feel comfortable with your current therapist? If you have trusted and confided in them this long, perhaps you can share this part of yourself with them also. If you're feeling a great deal of trepidation about sharing this, is it because you think your therapist won't honor this part of you? If that's the case, then it might be time to find a new therapist.

As someone else already commented, a therapist will learn about you over time, so it's never too late. That said, I would encourage you to share this part of yourself with your therapist because it is an important part of yourself. Being asexual informs how you look at the world and yourself, and if your therapist knows this then they can be a better therapist for you.

Whether you decide to stay with your current therapist or not, tell them or not, I wish you the best as you repair your mental health. Take care of yourself.





August 18, 2021 at 11:52PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.