/u/Chippiy on Am I Really Asexual?

I’m the same- Christian and asexual, and I want to give you some of my thoughts on it. I’m no scholar, but maybe it’ll help you feel more comfortable with yourself.

Say, as an example, that there are thousands of kids opening presents on Christmas Day. Every one of them opens their present and finds the hottest toy of the year. 99% of those kids absolutely adore their new toy, but there’s a small portion that maybe don’t enjoy it as much- or don’t like it at all. Instead, they return their toy and get something else with the money, something that they’d enjoy just as much as the others like theirs.

I see it the same way with God giving humans a gift in sexuality. God gave humanity sexuality as a whole, but there are those of us (like me) that aren’t interested. Instead, I get just as much fulfillment from other things. Sex IS a gift, from my view, but it’s exactly that- a gift. Something that‘s supposed to make us happy, something we want and enjoy and take pleasure in. If one of His followers isn’t made happier by sex, or doesn’t enjoy it, then I’m sure He would want them to ‘return’ it in favor something they do enjoy.

As for your church, it’s important to realize that while God and the church are certainly related, they’re not one and the same. The word of God is read and interpreted through human lenses, and humanity is far from perfect. Just because something is said by or promoted by the church doesn’t mean it’s a reflection of God’s will. In the end, the church is made of millions, if not billions of people- but there’s only one whose words truly save you.

You may or may not be asexual, that’s for you to know. But know that no matter what, there will always be someone on your side. Sorry if this is a little long, but I hope you find the peace you’re looking for.





August 27, 2021 at 11:37PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.