/u/Awkward_Internet_110 on Is this Asexuality or Genophobia? (Feeling scared)

One thing is for sure: no matter how much you take to get to know yourself better, or what the outcome is, or if you eventually decide that you do need therapy to heal something; no matter what, this is your journey, and nobody has a right to pressure you to know, or to explain it to them. All of this can be uncomfortable for others, but it is for you too - and ultimately you have the responsibility to take care of yourself first.

Consider what this means to you: If you were single and nobody had ever questioned this attitude towards sex, would this still be a thing you would want to research with a therapist out of worry or curiosity? Mental illnesses have concrete negative consequences that you can feel yourself, no matter which people surround you and what they tell you. I know that what hurts people you love ultimately hurt you too, but if deep down this is not problematic for you, no amount of therapy or research will solve anything as there is nothing to solve.





August 27, 2021 at 11:36PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.