/u/supermassivenova on How do I know if I’m actually ace or it’s just a side effect of antidepressants

that sounds like asexuality! you may also have little to no sexual desires because of antidepressants as well, both can be true! but as the user above said, asexuality is little to no sexual attraction which sounds like what you described

also, to answer your question from your original post, i figured i was ace after being in a relationship for a few years and started to get an inkling i didnt feel the same way about sex like most people did. i started looking into it more, and found out asexuals can have sex and still want sex with a partner for a number of reasons and still not feel sexual attraction (as i also realized in this research i dont feel sexual attraction). once i was able to explain to my partner i was ace and what that meant in terms of sex, he totally accepted it and understood and yes it definitely helps in not feeling pressured to do stuff now that we are on the same page. realizing i was ace has definitely made my life easier in my relationship and just in general in realizing there are other people like me





July 26, 2021 at 11:43PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.