/u/ArcadiaRivea on What do you want from asexual romances?

If I'm honest my main request would be that it's available as a paperback since that's what I exclusively read 😛 I'd happily buy that story!

I'm gonna try to come at this from multiple possible angles, and there's bound to be thing I miss but other wonderful people will likely already have said/will add!

Personally (and this all purely my own opinion!) regardless of both characters views about sex, I'd like that kept to a minimum. I don't like when regular, non-steamy books details the sex scenes. Just a simple "they made love" or "they kissed passionately" then move on is sufficient, more than that kind of ruins the story for me. If you want to add a "she tore her clothes off and admired her beauty", that's also acceptable, if it's kept short and simple. I don't really like reading what could easily be inferred, there's art in subtlety

As for the actual content of the romance... that would depend on how both the Princess (is she allo?) and the bodyguard (what kind of ace is she/where does she fall on the spectrum?) feel about certain acts... and if they feel other attractions (obviously you said romance but to what degree? Is either sensual? Aro spec?) These don't need to be mentioned, but something to consider when creating the character and story... if sex is 100% off the table, that opens you up to a purely wholesome story, like DreamWorks/Disney style romances, but of course less needy/they do their own things too

They can do sweet things like taking a walk along the riverside/seaside/woodland trail/whatever body of natural beauty may be near by. Guard would obviously put her life on the line for princess, maybe they have a moment where they realise that the "I'd do anything for you" goes beyond guard's duties, and its because of her feelings. Maybe there's some kind of deep secret one of them has, or some other secret that they both discover about something (I like a good mystery tucked into a story and unravelled) or an unexpected event

I think details in the scenery helps set the mood too

EDIT: and don't make them 2-dimensional either. Make them characters with a good background, complex people, difficult past if you have to. Because nothing let's down a good story more than stiff and boring characters





July 26, 2021 at 11:17PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.