/u/partylikeyossarian on [Vent] Gonna get Yeeted for This One...

...do you know what sarcasm is?

this black and white thinking of either people have rights don't, either people explicitly are being oppressed or not, hermeneutically excludes the way actual prejudice and discrimination affects everyday lives, like the concrete examples I listed that you keep ignoring and minimizing, like medical negligence, conversion therapy, work and housing precarity, and gatekeeping support resources. As in, I am critiquing the fact that these types of incidents aren't considered serious enough problems to people who parrot the same rhetoric you do.

You've also stated that you have options as far as employment is concerned, so you don't have to stay there if you don't like it.

this is how you interpret what I wrote? I find it astonishing that any '85-'95ers can claim to be a recession millennial being this tone deaf to socioeconomic context and modern day precariat culture.

You can either put your energy into doing something to get out of the situation you don't like, or you can focus on advocacy and hope that people will listen.

How do you propose either of these things happen without people "whining"?

I can't, this conversation is too low a level for me to play braindead bingo lingo with someone who literally just failed the bootstrapper conservative sarcasm test.





July 22, 2021 at 11:25PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.