/u/AMarmaladeSandwich on Does anyone else kinda hate the association between being ace and food? TW ED

I never understood why it has to be advertised on a shirt or by a ring

If it helps any, the reason I do it is because no one was there to be that person for me. By being visibly out, I turn myself into a living resource, one that if I'd had when I was younger, would have saved me a lot of pain.

I didn't grow up knowing anyone like me, never knew being ace was an option. Hell, in the past, I've had to explain to entire LGBT+ societys what asexuality even was, that'show invisible it's been and in many ways still is. They only asked because I had my flag badge. I pass on what I know, and they could use that knowledge to help others. Makes it worth it to me.

You're under no onus to do the same, I'm not a private person so I don't find it embarrassing to be open about it. It's less about other people knowing who I don't bone, and more about giving people knowledge that there's options, you know?





July 24, 2021 at 11:09PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.