/u/TheGazelle on Found this comment just now :(

The only one of these I can kinda understand is the trauma thing.

Like specifically, if you think that asexual essentially means what we would call a sex repulsed ace (which I imagine many/most people not familiar with the spectrum do), then it's not much of a leap to think that could be caused by sex related trauma (because it absolutely can be).

If you're also someone with little life experience who hasn't really met or talked to asexual people, it's not hard to hit a mental block of "well everybody wants sex normally, so there must be something wrong".

It's still based entirely in ignorance and a lack of imagination (and critical thinking for that matter), but it's at least somewhat understandable.





June 21, 2021 at 11:57PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.