/u/g3t0nmyl3v3l on Human needs. Comic by me.

As a non-ace someone dating an ace your comment made me feel like some things I would consider as needs are trivial or childish and I should just get over it. It’s incredibly hard sometimes feeling like this in a relationship with someone I care about so much already, it really hurts to see what I think are reasonable opinions being invalidated like that.

I feel like in the context of a relationship most people would consider some sexual preferences, or lack thereof, as a need and that should be perfectly acceptable.

I’m incredibly sorry you had to go through that, and I hope you find happiness if you haven’t already, but as someone on the other side I’m begging people to understand it’s hard for us too.





June 21, 2021 at 11:57PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.