/u/Thornescape on What is the personality of the asexual community?

I have to disagree. I think that the stereotypes have caused far more harm than good. It makes people act unnatural in order to "fit in" with their group. It also makes people think that they aren't part of the group because they don't fit the stereotype.

Part of toxic masculinity is the rejection of anything that might "seem gay". It has caused people to reject healthy parts of masculinity to avoid a stereotype, which has ended up causing serious damage.

There are better ways to help people learn that communities exist, like simply by having balanced representation in media. Stereotypes are a horrible way to educate people about communities.





May 08, 2021 at 11:49PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.