/u/i_filo_i on What is the personality of the asexual community?

I mean, okay, this wasn't meant to be a harmful thing, this was actually quite the opposite, it's more to look at the absurdity of them. They are generalizations after all, and those well yes, in nature aren't necessarily good, are fun to look at and laugh at because of the well, the silliness of said things.

And as I did say to another person, they can be a good thing in certain regards of actually just pointing out a community's existence. No, I don't think they're good for the people who don't do any research and just accept the stereotypes at face value. But they are good for people to actually learn about any sexuality, or anything that could have a stereotype assigned to it. This can help a person find a sexuality, or even just a new concept that they haven't explored. Again, no, I don't think that every homosexual man is flamboyant, and every homosexual woman is a lumberjack. But the concept of people coming in contact with a stereotype, then looking into it more and seeing what the community, or concept behind those initial thoughts have to present can be really helpful.





May 08, 2021 at 11:42PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.