/u/Elinthind on Discovering asexuality in a conservative religious environment

I come from a very religious background and am currently attending a religious university. I most definitely experienced the same difficulty you describe here! I’m aroace, and I was able to figure out the “aro” part a lot easier. I had clear examples of romantic attraction around me, so it was comparatively easy to realize “nope, I definitely don’t experience that”.

In contrast, people were relatively tight-lipped (around me, at least) regarding their sexual attraction to others. It took me a while to figure out that there was this mysterious, alien feeling that almost everyone around me felt, but that I definitely didn’t.

All that to say, what you described in your post is very similar to my own experiences!





May 18, 2021 at 11:53PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.