/u/askwomenthrowaway23 on Is my mum right?

“Late bloomer” is often used to invalidate asexuals, but don’t let that fool you into thinking it’s not a real phenomenon. Some allosexuals really don’t experience sexual desire until a little later until puberty, so it is possible you might not be asexual.

On the other hand, I suspected asexuality since I was 12 and it still holds true as an adult. I’m clearly not a late bloomer, puberty’s been done for awhile. If you personally believe you will not experience sexual desire even as an older person, after giving the matter some serious thought, I would say it makes sense to consider yourself asexual. After all, allosexuals can consider themselves gay, straight, bi, etc. and get crushes and know that’s the set of genders they’ll like before they ever experience any sexual desire. So why can’t you also know what set of genders you’ll like (none)?





May 10, 2021 at 11:57PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.