/u/Ace_Glorfindel on Can I Change?

You obviously understand your situation better than random people on the internet, but from what you’ve written she definitely is at least pressuring, if not forcing, you to be sexual in a way you don’t desire. Again, this response is all based on the post, which could be different from what you intended to say.

By insinuating that there is something wrong with you as an asexual person, which isn’t true, she’s framing this problem as something you need to “get better” from or she’s going to leave you. That’s a wholly inappropriate response to this conflict, and she is definitely coercing you to have sex with her. I know there’s nuance to every situation, and that complexity is often flattened over the internet. Still, if this post is reflective of your experiences, she does have a definite reason to feel guilty.

I recommend you try to look for a marriage counselor! There are plenty of married asexuals with allosexual partners who have found ways to stay connected without lots of sex. I wish you the best of luck, and congratulations on finding yourself.





May 10, 2021 at 11:17PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.