/u/demoniprinsessa on I'm a teacher in Belgium. There's been lots of rumors this week that I'm gay, so I'm going to address those rumors in class and tell my students I'm asexual.

oh, we have that in finland as well! it's called elämänkatsomustieto here, basically translating to "life stance education", it's also offered as an alternative to lutheran religious studies classes and it covers similar things: philosophy, different religious and non-religious belief systems and ideologies, cogitive biases and critical thinking etc. etc.

i fully agree with you, it's probably the most important class to take for anyone wanting to be an active and informed citizen in society. too bad it's not mandatory here and only a few people take it (mainly bc people belonging to religious organizations are put into religious studies groups of their own religion), i hope that will change in the coming years :)





April 10, 2021 at 11:25PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.