/u/Thornescape on You don’t need to reproduce

I get really angry when I hear about people pressuring others to have children. It gets me upset. Why? Because when I was growing up, my family took in foster children, and we often interacted with the parents.

Some people should never have had children. Seriously. It is not for everyone.

Encouraging the concept that "everyone should have kids" just means that more and more children will be born to people who don't have any real interest in having them or raising them properly or treating them well. Those poor children suffer tremendously from that idiotic notion that "everyone should have kids".

In addition to horrifically bad and abusive parents, some people just don't want kids for whatever reason, which is perfectly fine and acceptable. Those people have different reasons and motivations. No problems.

However, when I hear reprobates trying to guilt people into having children, I think of some of those poor foster children with their incompetent parents... Only people who truly want children should have children. Period. Done. Children can be absolutely wonderful if you know how to be a parent and strongly desire to be one. It's awful to have children if you don't.





March 03, 2021 at 11:25PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.