/u/GoldieFable on Valentine's Day alternative

Seeing how many of us aren't interested in the branding of Valentine's day and taking a page from Finnish and Estonian books (comment if this is tradition also elsewhere): Happy Friend's Day! Anniversaries are the annual celebrations of relationships (if you have managed to get in one), so let's take a day to be thankful for all of our friends

To my childhood friends: You have been by my side for a long time. You have seen me grow and change, lasted where my relationships did not, and stood by my side throughout it all. I don't know if you are a little bit mad for it but I am not complaining

To my friends whom I made as adult: You may not have been there from the very beginning but I am happy that our paths crossed when they did. I don't know if we would have always been friends, but you are the person I want in my life now and I am grateful for the times we have now

To my Internet friends: I may not know your real name but we still we know so much about each other. We found a connection despite never

To all the mutuals in my everyday life: I may only know a bit about you, when your work starts or how your pets are like, but know that you brighten my day and make me feel like I belong every time we pass by and maybe exchange a few words while waiting

So, thank you to all my friends near and far who make me feel like I am seen and cared for♥️





February 13, 2021 at 11:07PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.