/u/ChekYurGramer on I need advice talking to my asexual friend

Yeah, your friend's being rude and inappropriate. Being sex-repulsed means you're repulsed by the thought of participating in sex, and sometimes by the idea of sex in general, but it doesn't imply a value judgement. Thinking that it's disgusting for anyone to like sex has nothing to do with asexuality and everything to do with being a jerk.

Your friend is entitled to their opinion, even if it's an offensive opinion, but they don't need to share it with you. You're entitled to respect from your friends. If this person is unwilling to respect you, they're being a poor friend.

As to why they are acting like this, it's not unheard of for asexuals who have faced discrimination for being ace, or who are just fed up with the overtly sexualized nature of society, to go overboard and lash back at people who aren't asexual. This is especially the case for young people, since they tend to be more prone to black-and-white thinking anyway. That said, while your friend may be reacting to a world that can be unfriendly towards asexuals, they still have no right to be unkind to you in this way.





February 19, 2021 at 11:09PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.