Has winter killed your desire to date during COVID??

I moved from Chicago to Portland in August and went on quite a few dates. Once the weather turned, it’s been SO much more difficult to find people willing to follow-through on that first date.

Almost everyone is talking to multiple people, and that means when there is a rare day of nice weather it becomes a matter of both people prioritizing each other above everyone else- before they’ve even met. Add that to dating fatigue, quarantine fatigue, and all the challenges already inherent in online dating, and it’s really killed my desire to even try.

What are some creative ways you have continued to have that first socially distanced/outdoor date in spite of cold, wet, unpredictable weather??

Or, have you largely resigned to waiting for better weather/mass vaccination?



Submitted February 19, 2021 at 11:43PM

I moved from Chicago to Portland in August and went on quite a few dates. Once the weather turned, it’s been SO much more difficult to find people willing to follow-through on that first date.Almost everyone is talking to multiple people, and that means when there is a rare day of nice weather it becomes a matter of both people prioritizing each other above everyone else- before they’ve even met. Add that to dating fatigue, quarantine fatigue, and all the challenges already inherent in online dating, and it’s really killed my desire to even try.What are some creative ways you have continued to have that first socially distanced/outdoor date in spite of cold, wet, unpredictable weather??Or, have you largely resigned to waiting for better weather/mass vaccination?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.