/u/Thornescape on How can I identify/work past my own internalized prejudice?

That's a whole lot of stuff there, but honestly, it seems like you're headed in the right direction just by being open to the ideas that there is more out there than you know.

It sounds like you are still in a college setting. What I would recommend doing if you want to get past your internalized prejudices is join up with your local LBGT+ club. Get to know some people that some of those religious people thought were "evil". See what they are really like.

Yes, there are jerks in every group. It happens. But on the whole, I think that you'll find that actually interacting with real people will give you a much healthier and realistic perspective. It won't be theoretical any more.

You sound like you're on the right path. It's good to see.





January 24, 2021 at 11:31PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.