/u/bakinggaddict on Anyone else gets really uncomfortable when inapropiate scenes happen in TV Shows?

Absolutely! My favourite kdrama’s which include very little to absolutely no romance include:

Sky Castle - The best kdrama I’ve ever watched, I’m yet to find one which is on par with this one. This kdrama portrays the extent Korean parents are willing to go to in order to ensure their children fit societal standards in terms of education and getting them into the top universities in Korea. The premise may sound so boring, but it’s executed amazingly and is so so dramatic. Each episode leaves you wanting to watch more. (However you may find the beginning of the first episode boring).

Signal - this one is amazing! I love it so much. It’s come and about a detective from 1989 who is able to communicate with a profiler from 2015. Allowing them to solve and prevent crimes. There’s very little romance, but no focus on it.

While You Were Sleeping - I really love this kdrama. The first episode itself is almost like a movie and one of the best pilot episodes I’ve ever watched. There is romance incorporated into the story but the main focus is on a combination of fantasy/crime/legal drama. The main leads in this kdrama have premonition dreams which they use to solve crimes and prevent them together. I started off this kdrama with okay expectations but was truly blown away. I really recommend this!

Strangers From Hell - This one is so so dark, so please watch with caution. It’s a psychological thriller dealing with themes such as psychopathy and murder. A lot of it. It begins with an innocent man who moved into a dodgy apartment complex and carries on from there. There’s absolutely no lighthearted moments in this kdrama at all and it hit me hard when I finished it, so I had to watch a lighter one to balance things out.

My Secret Terrius- In comparison to all the other ones I have recommended, this one is definitely very light-heartening. But I recommend it so so much, it’s essentially about the life of a spy on the run who pairs up with a mother and together they try to uncover the mystery behind the death of a neighbour. There’s no romance in this at all, but is kinda implied at the end but that’s it really. Despite a few saddening scenes, this was so warm to watch after Strangers From Hell,

And finally just a mention, it isn’t really related to any of the themes that I listed but I definitely recommend:

Welcome to Waikiki - So so funny, I don’t think I’ve ever laughed this much. It’s a random comedy drama that doesn’t really focus on any theme in particular. The bromance is real in this once. However there is romance in some episodes (in a funny, non-serious manner). This is just a random recommendation whenever you feel down and need something to cheer you up!

Also there’s the sub r/kdramarecommends where you can ask for all the recommendations you need. :)

Sorry for such a long reply. Instead of just recommending random titles, I wanted to elaborate on why they’re so good. I hope you find something you enjoy!





January 12, 2021 at 12:03AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.