/u/PM_me_dunsparce on Evolutionary Biology?

Quick question, what the fuck is wrong with your teacher? If evolutionary biology has any viable points to make (and let me be clear, cos it attracts a LOT of armchair psychologists who start with what they think is true and work backwards from that), it would say that asexuality makes sense in social animals where the entire group can contribute to raising the next generation, and that you might want to check if we see higher rates of asexuality in younger siblings. Etc.

It is NOT a logical position that "asexuality occurs when animals are sad and not good at getting laid" (honestly it would be nicer if that were the case... Certain animals are 'aggressive' to put it nicely. I won't go into more detail cos some species are a bit bleak- shout out to a book called Dr Tatiana's Sex Advice for All Creation). That's like saying that celibacy and, in the likely case of the mice, depression are asexuality - no. Asexuality does not equal sexual behaviour, and situational bias should be examined.

Your teacher is talking out of her ass, I'm afraid





December 07, 2020 at 11:44PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.