/u/heckingtired on Evolutionary Biology?

I'm afraid it was my friend that said the "asexuality is evolutionary biology" bit. Happy to say it wasn't my teacher, though! He's pretty old, but he tries really hard to be supportive. I think he only called it strange to think about because in the heavily sexualized world we live in, it kinda is?

I don't really think my friend knew what she was talking about, just echoing some pseudo-psychology bs she read (which isn't unlike her) and then getting cold and defensive when I questioned it (which also isn't unlike her, unfortunately).

About animals being aggressive - the males in the study that acted (mostly) celibate were bullied into such by the more dominant males, who in turn because aggressive sexual deviants. So, you're totally right there! (It's... really a horrifying study to read)





December 08, 2020 at 12:03AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.