/u/nope-nada-nein on Hi all, I'm tinkering with an idea for a book and I'd love to have one of the main characters be asexual. Im not asexual myself though so is this okay? What are your thoughts? (I would love to give some representation)

This would be awesome. I’m actually doing the same thing! As others have said, avoiding cliches would be nice. Idk what genre or w/e bUT please also don’t do the overused “asexuals can’t have partners/romantic attraction.”

Also, may be controversial, but avoiding using common ace stereotypes as the main thing a character likes - AKA having their fave colour(s) be the colour(s) of the ace flag OR making their fave food garlic bread and/or cake. The black ring on the middle finger would be neat, but I worry if you play into the stereotypes too much it’ll warp into something others may use to mock us/our sexuality





November 04, 2020 at 11:40PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.