/u/Kir-chan on The thing about aesthetic attraction

Most of the time I start finding actors or characters 'attractive' after I've formed a parasocial bond with them, gotten invested in them. For actors specifically I often only like the particular style of a character they've played, for example I think Tom Hiddleston was gorgeous as Loki but I can't really tell if he's attractive or not in an interview dressed as a regular person.

What's interesting is that I sometimes develop a fascination for an aspect of a character that I hate on real people, for example I had a phase when I used to collect fanart of Sephiroth with heavy emphasis on his muscles, even though I usually find defined muscles on men repulsive. I'm also doing that thing where I'm looking at him through another character's eyes who does find him attractive in the usual sense, and that makes me feel some secondhand attraction if that makes sense? But I still categorise it under aesthetic, though maybe it's different.





November 23, 2020 at 11:42PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.