/u/BlunderFishes on Lonely, but....

Ugh I have this problem too, and it’s been worse during COVID. My natural state of being is home alone on the couch with a book and woe befall anyone who interrupts me! But I still get lonely, because I’m unfortunately not the island I think I am.

The best way I’ve found to branch out and meet people is by joining something. A hiking club, a book discussion group, a gym class, a D&D group, online versions of those things...really anything that grabs your interest. I don’t know your age, but school activities can be great if you’re still in school.

I offer this advice with the full knowledge that randomly joining a group of people is terrifying. I hate doing it. But it’s really hard to meet those special people who will become your closest friends (or something more) without meeting people in general. And after the first wave of terror has passed, sometimes you end up just really loving the activity you’ve chosen.





November 23, 2020 at 11:57PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.