/u/Mawngee on So, I accidentally told my parents I am ace

There is the saying "change what you can control, accept what you cannot." The acceptance isn't that you have to accept their opinion, but accept that you can't necessarily change it. If you can try to temper how you receive feedback from others, you won't feel hurt as bad if you don't like what they say. Self reflection is what works for me. Try thinking about what you want, and what you need to do to achieve what you want, and be honest with yourself. You can't control what other people think/say, so try to base your acceptance of yourself internally, rather than through outside forces.

All of what I said is easier said than practiced, and it's an ongoing process.

As to the classic lines, you can definitely know if you are ace by your age. Looking back I can see signs in myself going back even earlier.





October 01, 2020 at 11:58PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.