/u/ADisappointedGoddess on Conflicting feelings after visiting the Ob-Gyn

Yeah it sounds like there might have been a few contributing factors there. I know that I had a really painful experience with a pap smear once. The next time (different doctor) I told ahead of time, and she gave me constant feedback and narration about what was going on, which helped so much, not only with feeling like I had control, but also with the anxiety about whether my tensing up or sliding back to escape (something I can't help) annoyed her. Also she gave me a hug after, which ...kinda weird since I still had no pants, but at the moment I really needed.

Idk that anything might "fix" your feelings about this appointment, but maybe planning ahead for next time (developing a plan to tell your doctor exactly what you need, for example) might help with your anxiety and being willing/able to go more regularly?





October 01, 2020 at 11:29PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.